Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Thomas Pope-Elizabeth Gove-3rd Great Grandparents Wedding Anniversary

Family Tree History
Deitz-Pope-Gove Line
Anniversaries
Thomas Pope and Elizabeth Gove

 158th Wedding Anniversary 

3rd Great Grandparents 
Thomas & Elizabeth Pope



We all have 32 third Great Grandparents.
To this date I have discovered about 8 of these couples, which is roughly half of them.....

Today, October 31st, is the wedding anniversary of one of those eight couples without who myself and my siblings and their children would not exist:
Thomas Paschal Pope and Elizabeth Adaline  Gove, my 3rd great grandparents.

Today is the 158th anniversary of their marriage.




Thomas was born 24 May 1838
South Woodstock, Woodstock, Windsor, Vermont, United States.
He was the son of Thomas Faunce Pope and Elizabeth Converse.

Elizabeth was born 14 January 1843
Hartford, Windsor, Vermont, United States.
She was the daughter of Levi Gove and Olive Law.

Thomas and Elizabeth were married on October 31, 1860 in Lebanon New Hampshire.
In about 1865 Thomas and Elizabeth would move with extended members of the family to Wisconsin.
In Wisconsin they would farm land in the Waupaca area in close proximity to their extended family on what was called the Pope Homestead.

Thomas and Elizabeth would go on to have two children, Henry & Alice.
Henry would be my 2nd Great Grandfather marrying Isadore Smith.

Henry & Isadore would go on to have a child named Grace.
Grace would have four half siblings from her father's second marriage and those would be George, Alvin, Kennith and Betty Jane.

Grace would be my Great Grandmother and she married Henry Dietz.
Grace and Henry would go on to have four children, Elenor, Raymond, Marion and Henry.
Raymond would be my Grandfather, marrying Maud Kosmeder.

Raymond and Maud would go on to have two children, Marlene and Clyde.
Marlene was my mother and she married my father, Maurice Repinski.

Happy 158th Anniversary Great Grandpa and Grandma and thank you for making me and my family possible.








No comments: