Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Mayflower-Part of My History

Family History & Research
September 16th, 2018

On This Day in History: September 16, 1620
On this day in 1620, the Mayflower departs Plymouth, England and sets sail for the New World.
The Mayflower is one of the most important ships in American history and one which carried many of my ancestors who settled in Plymouth Colony.
This cargo ship brought the pilgrims to Massachusetts during the Great Puritan Migration in the 17th century...

And read on to see my historical connections to this "Ship of Dreams"


The Mayflower....

Where do I start?

With my 12th Great Grandparents?
With my 11th Great Grandparents?
With another set of my 11th Great Grandparents?
With yet another set of my 11th Great Grandparents?
With one more set of my 11th Great Grandparents?
With my 10th Great Grandmother?


Ok, so I will start with all of the above and more...for all of the above are my ancestors and all of them made a journey from the old world to the new world that is firmly weaved into the history of our planet.
In 1620 these ancestors of mine made the brave decision to uproot themselves and their families and start a new life which one day would result in my self and my siblings and their children.

For the people below (and many many more) I am extremely thankful that you were all brave and daring explorers who left the lives that they knew to start anew in a strange land across a vast ocean.

My Mayflower Passenger Ancestors and Relatives:
Names in bold are fully researched and verified.
ggf=great grandfather/ggm=great grandmother/gu=great uncle/ga=great aunt/c=cousin
?=still researching the family lines

Alden, John, 11th ggf 
Allerton, Isaac, 11th ggf
Allerton, Mary (Norris) 11th ggm 
Allerton, Mary,(aka Cushman) 10th ggm
Allerton, John, 11th gu
Bradford, william, 11th gu
Bradford, Dorothy, 11th ga
Brewster, William, 11th ggf
Brewster, Mary, 11th ggm
Brewster, love, 10th ggf
Brewster, Wrestling, 10th gu
Brown, Peter, 11th Step ggf
Mullins, william, 12th ggf
Mullins, Alice, 12th ggm
Mullins, Pricilla, (aka Alden)11th ga
Mullins, Joseph, 11th gu
Priest, Digory, 11th gu
Cooke, Francis, 11th ggf and 11th gu?
Cooke, John, 10th gu
Fuller, Edward, 11th gu
Fuller, mrs., 11th ga
Fuller, Samuel (son of above) 10th C
Fuller, Samuel, (doctor)11th ggf
Gardner, Richard,?(still researching)
Rogers, Thomas, 11th ggf? (Still researching)
Rogers, Joseph, ? 10th ggf? (Still researching)
Samson, Henry,? (Possible 11th ggf/ still researching)
Soule, George, 11th ggf
Thompson, Edward, 11th ggf? (Still researching)
Tilley, Edward, (10th GU)
Tilley, Agnes (Cooper) (10th GA)
Tilley, John, (11th GGF)
Tilley, Joan, (11th GGM)
Tilley, Elizabeth, (10th GGM)
Warren, Richard, 11th ggf
Clarke, John (ships mate) 12th ggf
Howland,John (10th GGF)


Over the course of the next few years, 3 more ships would land in Plymouth bringing a lot of the spouses and children and relatives of the above people to Plymouth as well.
Many of my ancestors were on these ships: Fortune, Anne, Little James.

All of these people above are my kin through my mother, Marlene Deitz Repinski through her father, Raymond Deitz and his parents, Henry Deitz and Grace Pope Deitz.

I have only known of my Mayflower history for a little over two years now. And what an amazing two years it has been.

I am currently gathering documents (birth and marriage and death records, census records, family histories etc...) to officially validate my lineage from my 1st Mayflower discovery, Richard Warren and my 2nd discovery, Isaac and Mary Allerton which will enable me to join the General Society of Mayflower Descendants....something I consider to be very neat for our family's history.


Happy Mayflower Departure Day

No comments: